LRC Comment Line – (800) 372-7181
Email a legislator – https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/Legislators/contact_legislator.html
Okay, folks, we’re down to the wire. Time to hit the Comment Line and/or email your legislators about the bills you care about.
Here’s my list for today. I’ve tried to keep it to the most-urgent bills (in my opinion). Pick one, or two, or all, and call and write. I’ve included which chamber they are in so you can leave a message for all members of that chamber if you want.
Bills to Oppose
- HB 3 – Omnibus anti-abortion bill (Senate)
- HB 7 – Attack on safety net (Senate)
- HB 8 – Getting rid of income tax (Senate)
- Fiscal statement says this bill will cost the state $1.8 billion over next two years.
- In my opinion, this is the most damaging bill to come out of Frankfort in at least the past 30 years. It is the bill I am most focused on.
- HB 9 – Charter school funding (House)
- SB 321 – Limit abortions to 15 weeks (House)
- HB 313 / SB 313 – Attacks on charitable bail funds.
- Additional message: “Get rid of wealth-based incarceration instead. Bail organizations are the symptom; attack the problem.”
Bills to Support
- HB 136 – Medical MJ (Senate)
- SB 564 – Keep COVID voting expansions (Senate)
- HB 174 – Medicaid eligibility for new mothers (Senate)
Forward Kentucky Newsletter
Sign up for free to get the weekly update right in your inbox.