When you begin considering whom to vote for in this year’s Democratic primary for governor, there are at least four criteria you might use:
- Vision for the State – What kind of Kentucky do they want to help build while in office, and how well do they articulate that?
- Policies and Legislation – Where do they stand on the issues? Which policies, programs, and legislation will they support, and which will they either oppose or give lukewarm support?
- Viability as a Candidate – Can they win in the general election? It doesn’t do any good to have a great vision and strong progressive policies if you can’t convince voters to support you.
- Effectiveness as Governor – How good will they be as a Chief Executive? Do they know how to build a team and run things? How well will they work with the General Assembly? Can they build coalitions and move legislation?
These are the four criteria we are going to use as we look at the top three Democratic candidates for Kentucky governor in 2019. We are not endorsing any of the three, as all of them have their own plusses and minuses noted in our analysis. And obviously, you should do your own research as well, including reading their responses on the KFTC survey and visiting their web site. (We include links to both in our analysis articles.)
Here, then, are the Forward Kentucky analysis articles on the three top Democratic candidates for governor. If you find these valuable, please use the sharing buttons to share them with others.
- Candidate analysis – Rocky Adkins
- Candidate analysis – Andy Beshear
- Candidate analysis – Adam Edelen
|Here are three ways YOU can support Forward Kentucky:
➤ Share this article on social media so more people can read it.
➤ Sign up for our email newsletters at ForwardKY.com/Email.
➤ Join up and gain unlimited access at ForwardKY.com/Join.
Your support helps keep Forward Kentucky going strong,
providing the progressive voice for Kentucky politics.
Make a difference – Support Forward Kentucky today!
Forward Kentucky Newsletter
Sign up for free to get the latest news right in your inbox.