Last updated Wednesday 12/15 at 1:00 PM.
Note: This information comes from various lists and sources. Some of it may be incorrect. If you discover that an item is incorrect, please contact us at Webmaster@ForwardKY.com
- Check on your neighbors if it’s safe.
- Stay off the roadways if at all possible.
- If you have storm damage, take photographs or video to document it. These records are important for receiving assistance.
- If you participate in clean up, assume any power lines are live. Separate natural debris from building materials etc and move them to the curb for pick up. FEMA and waste management will take it from there.
General Get Help guidance
- Survivors in counties federally approved for individual assistance can apply for disaster assistance through DisasterAssistance.gov. You can also apply by calling 1-800-621-3362 (TTY 1-800-462-7585) or through the FEMA mobile app. If you use a relay service, such as video relay service (VRS), captioned telephone service or others, give FEMA the number for that service.
- Get help paying bills, finding food, and locating other resources near you by calling United Way at 211.
- Kentucky State Parks are offering help to families. Learn more at www.kyem.ky.gov.
- If there are any cultural organizations (libraries, museums, historical societies, etc.) in your community that suffered damage due to the storms, please contact Kentucky Humanities so they can help at email@example.com or 859-257-5932.
- Quad State Tornado Found Items (Facebook page) – helping to return sentimental items to families who lost everything.
- If your home was impacted and you lost or cannot get to your seizure medication, contact Sonya at Epilepsy Foundation of Kentuckiana at 502-907-1534.
- Corinth Tree Service from Mississippi is available to help with tree damage cleanup. They have a bucket truck, bobcat, climbing gear, saws, etc. They are licensed and insured. Call 662-603-1704.
- United Policy holders is a non-profit helping those who have insurance to file claims and get the most of the damages caused by disasters https://uphelp.org/
General Give Help guidance
- Kentucky Emergency Management – Fill out the volunteer/donate form
- Kentucky Red Cross
- Kentucky Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- God’s Pit Crew – Crisis Response Team
- Team Rubicon Disaster Response
- Samaritan’s Purse International Relief
- If you need to talk to someone because of the Western Kentucky tornadoes, the Disaster Distress Helpline is here for you. Call or text 1-800-985-5990.
- Liz Roberts at Serenity Now offering free counselling www.serenitynow2020.com
- Maja Cupac 606-219-2380 offering free counselling (speaks Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian and will provide translation services too).
- Melanie Rivard 859-285-3034 firstname.lastname@example.org offering free counselling
- Mary Caroline Gray 502-514-0563 offering free counselling
- Joanne Morris offering free counselling https://www.joannesmorris.com/
- Davidson Counselling offering free therapy https://www.davidsoncounseling.com/
- Scott Salathe offering free counselling https://scottsalathe.com/
- The Cognative Refinary in Bowling Green is offering group therapy for survivors on 12/15 at 7pm, or call or text 270-266-1188
Give help for animals
Foster a pet or donate to these local shelters:
- Mayfield-Graves County Animal Shelter
- Bowling Green/Warren County Humane Society
- Hopkins County Humane Society
- Caldwell County Animal Shelter
- Muhlenburg County Animal Shelter
- Auburn, KY families contact Mrs. Hope, FRYSC Director 270-542-6398, email@example.com
- God’s Promises, at 1300 Main Street, Benton, KY, will be open today for anyone needing supplies, clothing or blankets! 270-703-2499
- Stepstone Family and Youth Services– 78 Caky Dr, Benton, KY (270) 527-8388
- Marshall County Exceptional Center 198 Old Symsonia Rd, Benton, KY 270-252-6530
- Marshall County Elks Lodge 97 Kashway Ln, Benton, KY 270-703-2706
- Marcella's Kitchen 868 Guy Mathis Rd. Benton KY
- Marshall County High School, 416 High School Rd. Benton, KY 42025 (volunteers will be shuttled to impacted areas starting at 7 a.m. daily.)
Note from Chief Delaney – To report missing persons, gas leaks, lines down, and severe injury please call 270-393-4116. Do not use this number for damage to vehicles, property damage, or minor injuries. For all other emergencies, call 911. For non emergencies like debris, downed trees, call 270-393-4000.
Get and give help
- Mutual aid form for Bowling Green https://linktr.ee/riseandshinebgky
- Bowling Green Community Action at 171 Center St, Bowling Green or (270) 782-4437
- Bowling Green Relief https://www.wbko.com/2021/12/12/how-help-after-deadly-bowling-green-tornado/
- Gasper Brewing Company opening at 12 pm CT with free food and a safe place. 302 State Street, Bowling Green. Also needs volunteers to serve food.
- Green Way Roofing Solutions LLC 2709914893, 2705519481 and HomePro +12702020858, 270 783 1000 will tarp your roof at no cost regardless of insurance.
- BG Freedom Walkers mutual aid fund-- call 270-599-6200 to let them know what assistance you need
- Cotton BBQ offering free meals, open by 11:30am in the parking lot of Rians Fatted Calf at 1104 Broadway, Bowling Green
- Fayrouz Market offering free meals for first responders 1950 Cave Mill Rd Suite B, Bowling Green, KY 42104
- First Christian Church at 1106 State St. Bowling Green or (270) 843-3191
- Higgins Center for Non-Profits 958 Collett Ave BGKY contact Ashley 270-202-6082
- Lost River Creamery offering immediate assistance with excavator, Bobcat, and a crew. Russellville, KY or 270-725-7771
- TC Cherry Elementary School– 1001 Liberty Way, Bowling Green, KY
- W.R. McNeill Elementary— 1800 Creason St, Bowling Green, KY
- The SOKY Fairgrounds/Lampkin Park will accept people with pets and has beds available
- Jennings Creek Elementary 2617 Russellville Rd (270) 904-9200- has beds available and medical care available
- Kummer Little Recreation Center will be open all this week from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. for anyone needing a place to get out of weather, charge phones, etc., Transportation may be provided from there to the overnight shelters.
- The Housing Authority has units available for rent and is able to expedite applications for those that have already applied for assistance through the Red Cross
- Henry F. Moss Middle School open for safe place 2565 Russellville Rd BGKY (270) 843-0166
- All Warren County Public Library locations will be open their usual hours. Space is available for folks to gather, charge devices, and check out items such as books, DVDs, and toys. Regular programs are available for children and adults. For more information, including library locations, events schedule, and hours, please visit warrenpl.org
- Internet access at Jody Richard's Hall (Mass Media) at WKU 8a-8p until December 17th.
- Sign up to volunteer for clean ups/aid at South Warren with the Red Cross at 8140 Nashville Road, Bowling Green or (270) 467-7500
- Sunrise Movement Bowling Green is posting direct aid needs on their Instagram feed.
- Volunteers for clean up can go to the WXU Center for Research and Development 2413 Nashville Road between 8am and 4pm
- Volunteers with training in emergency response can call 270-393-4116 or go to the BGFD vehicle at Jennings Creek Elementary
- Warren County Tornado Help Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1342258086197031
- Bremen Elementary School is giving out supplies, hot meals and is a shelter. They are only accepting donations of limited items at this time due to space.
- Bremen Volunteer Fire Department, 51 College St., Bremen, KY 42325, 270-525-6002
- I have a 3 bedroom/ 2 bathroom airbnb house will sleep 8 to 10 in Campbellsville that will be available tomorrow until Dec 23rd free to anyone that's been affected by this devastating tornado. Free of charge & will even provide food / Groceries 270-789-9564
- Cabinet for Family and Children Provide help (food stamps, medical card, k-chip, k-tab) 1 855 306 8959 M-F
- Taylor County Crisis Relief Center 100 Stockyard St. Campbellsville KY 270-465-0835 M-F 10 am - 2 pm *Rent and utilities bill assistance for Taylor County residents.
- Mannsville United Methodist Church Food Pantry 179 Bradfordsville Rd Campbellsville, Ky. Every Wednesdays 6-6:30 in church basement Please call or text 270-283-8850 to make an appt.
- In His Hands Outreach 602 W Main. St.270-403-1515 / 270-283-2335 *Food and/or necessities Tuesday 11 - 4 (Clothing) & Thursday 11 - 2 (Food)
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help 429 N Central Avenue Campbellsville KY 270-465-4282 Must call first *Emergency food only.
- Senior Meal Delivery 60 and over Free 270-465-9410
- Meals On Wheels-Council On Aging, Inc. 110 Jackson St. Campbellsville, KY 270-465-6933 **Senior hot meals delivered
- Senior Center 60 and older meals from the Senior Center at no cost. Lake Cumberland Area Development District (Adair, Casey, Clinton, Cumberland, Green, McCreary, Pulaski, Russell, Taylor and Wayne Counties). 270-866-4200
- Community Action 110 Walling Avenue Campbellsville KY Hours 8 am - 12 pm (must call for appointment) 270-465-6554 *Senior commodities (waiting list) *Electric Bill assistance. Must have past due bill or cut off notice.
- Basically Blessed–**Serving meals Tuesday and Thursday 5:30 - 7 pm. **605 S. Columbia Avenue Campbellsville KY 270-789-7530
- Green River Ministries by Wendy’s 55 Clem Haskins Blvd. Campbellsville, KY 270-465-9880 **Serving Meals Friday 11 am -1 pm** *Emergency food/hygiene boxes 1 time per year. *Homeless shelter (waiting list) Tuesday and Thursday 10 - 2 (call for appointment)
- First United Methodist Church 317 E Main Street Campbellsville, KY *Clothes closet 1st and 3rd Thursday 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Taylor County Schools– School age children **Delivery/pickup of meals (TCHS) & back pack program
- Campbellsville Independent Schools– School age children **Delivery/pickup of meals at CHS
- The ROCK Community Church 1850 Old Columbia Rd Campbellsville KY *Emergency help with furniture, household goods, and clothing when available.
- The H.O.P.E. Mission House 204 Clem Haskins Blvd. Campbellsville, Ky Food, hygiene, and clothing
- Hope Pregnancy Center of Taylor County 319 E. Maple Street Campbellsville, Ky 270-465-4330 MTRF 1-5 pm
- Cave City Community Center (Senior Center) 105 Duke St, Cave City, KY 42127
Get and give help
- Swaggy P's feeding First Responders in Dawson Springs; taking donations of bottled water, granola bars, baby wipes and diapers, formula, any toiletries would also be greatly appreciated; buns and chip donations also. Both locations are accepting donations (Hanson and Madisonville)
- Dawson Springs High School-set up a triage to help those injured; they're also keeping a running list of anyone that has checked in (those that don't need medical care are being bussed to Pennyrile State Park); they need donations of generators for displaced residents and volunteers
- Dawson Springs Helping Hearts Facebook Group
- Apex Cleaning offices across from Dawson City Hall will be open at 7am with water, Gatorade, snacks for Volunteers, First Responders and any who needs it. If you’d like to donate you can drop it off anytime.
- True Line Roofing– If you need your roof tarped we have crews out and about...no charge! Just call 270.906.5005 or 270.978.0239
- Common Garments Ministry Dawson Springs, KY serving food and donations
- Redemption City Warming Shelter 110 railroad st Dawson Springs ky
- Health First Community Health Center (Earlington Clinic)-open at 10 am Sunday (will replace lost medications, treat minor injuries, x-rays, or provide a warm place to sit)-107 East Main Street, Earlington
- Earlington Elementary School-serving breakfast 8-10 am daily for displaced people; late lunch served 1-4pm for families and volunteers (to-go meals also provided); donations may be dropped off in the car rider lane (blankets, kid soap and shampoo, snacks, water, juice, peanut butter, and bread appreciated)
- Earlington First Baptist-providing shelter and meals
- Mociso Farms Livestock Sanctuary & Rescue Ltd., 595 Osborne Rd. Ekron, Ky. – Drop off pet supplies, food and any other items for disaster relief from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- If you or someone you know has been displaced from their home due to the catastrophic tornado that has hit the northern end of Muhlenberg County, call 1-855-891-7325 for assistance
- If you are looking to volunteer, please meet with an official at the Bremen Fire Department @ 51 College St. There'll be plenty of assignments for volunteers, but please be orderly and coordinated, as they'll be doing a more thorough search of the widespread damage.
- Oh Sew Sweet Boutique on Arch St in Madisonville, Ky has clothes and items for families in need
- Hopkins County YMCA – public showers available; coffee, cereal & fruit, charge your phones, free Wi-Fi access
- There is now a hotline to use if you are looking for a missing loved one. Please call 270.825.5024.
- Bud's RV World- has LONG TERM RV rentals & will work with your insurance. Also has rental cars & trucks. Call 270-821-4000 or visit 1200 McCoy Ave. Madisonville, KY.
- Hopkins County Humane Society- taking in displaced pets/animals. No calls please. They have no electricity and their phone is down. They are posting photos of displaced animals on their Facebook page for identification.
- Victory Church 615 Brown Rd. Madisonville, KY– showers, beds, food, bathrooms, water available
- Tender Care Veterinary Clinic-housing of displaced pets
- Madisonville First United Methodist-open for food, showers, Red Cross shelter (volunteers are needed to sort donations, etc., and can call the church office at (270) 821-5734 to find out how they can help); need donations of towels, twin sheet sets, snacks
- Dave's Sticky Pig-first responders and utility workers receive a free combo meal
- Big City Market & Coffee Bar-If you are displaced or a first responder food, drink, and a place to sit provided
- Covenant Community Church, 1055 North Main Street, Madisonville, KY, 270-821-2000
- Mercy Chefs – Mayfield, KY Tornado Response (shifts available throughout the week)
- If you have rental properties available, contact Sarah Morton Spencer with Coldwell Banker. She is compiling a list of rental properties available for displaced families.
- The Kentucky State Police is requesting that any family members of missing loved ones come to the office building of His House Ministries. His House Ministries is located at 1250 KY-303 in Mayfield. Family members of missing loved ones who need assistance in getting to His House Ministries can call (859)267-7775.
- CASA Graves County at 229 W Walnut St, Suite 2, or 270-251-2060
- Applebees in Mayfield has secured cooking equipment and we are going to cook everything in our cooler to feed the community starting at 12:45. We have water and food, for those of you that need a meal today please come see us. We will do this until we run out.
- Graves County High- 1220 Eagles Way, Mayfield, KY 42066. 270-328-6242
- Mayfield High School- 700 Douthitt St. Mayfield, KY 42066. 270-247-4461
- Northside Baptist Church 611 W Lockridge St, Mayfield, KY
- Haynes Facility Maintenance is offering cleanup services at no cost for storm damage victims. Please reach out to us call or text 2705620142 or 2704930138
- Emergency Management is using Catalyst Church as their emergency volunteer hub to bus volunteers where needed– 114 Kings Dr, Mayfield, KY (270) 356-1191
- Mayfield City Hall, 211 E. Broadway, Mayfield, KY – Volunteers needed with drills
- Eight Days of Hope – Rapid Response Event (Mayfield, KY)
- Matthew's Table Sunday 12/12/21 119 West 24th St. Owensboro, KY 42301
- Lone Oak Baptist Church, 3601 Lone Oak Rd, Paducah, KY 42003
- Lost River Creamery offering immediate assistance with excavator, Bobcat, and a crew. Russellville, KY or 270-725-7771
Forward Kentucky Newsletter
Sign up for free to get the weekly update right in your inbox.
– Only real names and email addresses allowed for sign-ups and comments.
– Vigorous discussion is encouraged, but comments that go over the line will be deleted.
Sign in or become a Forward Kentucky Subscriber to join the conversation. Just enter your email below to get a log in link.