An atlas gives you the lay of the land in a particular area, and helps you find things you are looking for. That is what the ForwardKY Atlas is for.
Forward Kentucky is more than “just a blog,” or even a website. We are a media outlet, which means we have multiple places we share content. Here’s the current list. And remember: some content is only on that platform, so if you use that platform regularly, be sure to follow us there.
● Facebook – All article excerpts are posted here with links back to the original.
● Twitter – We are pretty active on Twitter, reposting, commenting, and responding to comments. In addition, all article excerpts are posted here with links back.
● LinkedIn – Some article excerpts are posted here, with links back.
● YouTube – Video version of podcasts, as well as occasional other videos.
● (New) Post.news – Joined at the end of 2022, as an alternative to Twitter. Becoming more active as we get used to the platform. Our newsletter The Daily Take is posted here, but requires a point donation to read it.
● (New) Mastodon – Also joined at the end of 2022, as an alternative to Twitter. Trying to get acclimated to the platform.
All of these podcasts are part of the Forward Kentucky family, and every episode of each one is published on this site. You can listen to them here, listen to them on their own website, or subscribe to them in the podcast player of your choice. Three of them are also available as videos on YouTube.
Moving Kentucky Forward
An interview-focused podcast, usually recorded once a week. Available on all major podcast providers, including Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, and so on. Has its own website at Castos, the hosting company, with many more options for subscribing, including the RSS feed if you need it. Also available on YouTube.
The State of Kentucky
An solo podcast by publisher Bruce Maples, where he shares his analysis and opinions about issues of the day. Available on all major podcast providers, including Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, and so on. Has its own website at Castos, the hosting company, with many more options for subscribing, including the RSS feed if you need it. Also available on YouTube.
My Old Kentucky Podcast
A long-running podcast on policy and politics in Kentucky. Hosted by Robert Kahne and Jazmin Smith, who open the show with their own discussion of current political stories in the state, usually followed by one or more guest interviews. Available on Google, Spotify, Amazon, and TuneIn. Has its own website at PodBean, the hosting company.
Colonels of Truth
Weekly episodes covering breaking political news from Kentucky, and bringing you the informed voices from across the commonwealth. Produced by Progress Kentucky, an all-volunteer group of Central Kentucky activists. Available on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, and other podcast providers. Has its own website at Anchor.fm, the hosting company. Also available on YouTube (under Live) and Facebook.
Our RSS feed sends all our content to these aggregators. You can get a summary of the site by using one of these, or by any RSS reader that you want to use.