A trio of young people are organizing a rally at the state Capitol to “demand bodily autonomy for ALL.”
The event will be Friday, July 29, from 11 am to 7 pm, and will be an open-mike time for persons 21 years old or younger. There will also be booths set up for voter registration, sign-making, and more.
In an email sent to promote the event, the organizers said “Your organizers – Marley, Lena, and Pauli – are so beyond excited to host a safe, all-inclusive space for our youth to be heard.
“Please join us on Friday, July 29th, as we force our representatives to hear us loud and clear and demand bodily autonomy for ALL.
“We will be hosting spaces for voting information, booths, sign-making stations, and more. If you are interested in helping make this event come to life please message me (Aly Lynn) to get information and get connected.”
Persons wishing to speak have to sign up ahead of time. The organizers also note that anyone under 18 who wishes to speak will need to provide a permission slip and a media release signed by at least one parent.
Together Frankfort is helping with the event by hosting a voter registration booth.
Links related to the event:
- The event's Facebook page
- Link to request a sign-up form to speak
- To volunteer to help with voter registration, email Kathy Murphy with your choice of a 2-hour slot (11 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM, or 5 PM)
Forward Kentucky Newsletter
Sign up for free to get the weekly update right in your inbox.
– Only real names and email addresses allowed for sign-ups and comments.
– Vigorous discussion is encouraged, but comments that go over the line will be deleted.
Sign in or become a Forward Kentucky Subscriber to join the conversation. Just enter your email below to get a log in link.