We’ve known for some time that there are two realities in the United States: the right-wing bubble of Fox News, inhabited by most Republicans – and, everyone else. Now a new CBS poll demonstrates those two realities with numbers; and boy howdy, are the numbers revealing.
Here’s the top-line bullets:
- Republicans believe America is better off than four years ago.
- Republicans believe the battle in the U.S. against COVID-19 is going well.
- Republican believe COVID-19 deaths are being exaggerated.
- And most shocking of all – Republicans believe 180,000 (and rising) deaths from COVID-19 are “acceptable.”
Breakouts of the data
Is America better off than four years ago?
- Republicans – YES, 75% to 25%
- All voters – NO, 65% to 35%
(Republicans only) Why is America better off?
- Confidence in Donald Trump – 82%
- The U.S. economy – 70%
- Democrats are not in power – 70%
- My family’s finances – 64%
Condition of national economy
- Republicans – GOOD, 67% to 30%
- All voters – BAD, 61% to 35%
U.S.’s dealing with coronavirus
- Republicans – GOING WELL, 73% to 27%
- All voters – GOING BADLY, 62% to 38%
U.S. deaths from coronavirus are …
|More than reported||18%||44%|
|Fewer than reported||64%||36%|
|About as reported||18%||20%|
Number of U.S. deaths from coronavirus has been …
Recent attention to discrimination is …
Forward Kentucky Newsletter
Sign up for free to get the latest news right in your inbox.