I’ve been reading Twitter a lot lately, both to keep up and to get story ideas and leads. A recent comment on there, though, got me thinking, and I thought I’d expand on it.
The point of the tweet was that the prospect of Trump et al getting impeached, while enticing, is also a distraction. Ultimately, even if we get President Hatch (!), we still have a Congress and a state house that are determined to take away health insurance, get rid of Medicare and Medicaid, turn Social Security into a Wall Street cash cow, and give even more money and power to the rich while ignoring or actually hurting everyone else.
So, even while you hope that #TrumpRussia gets people thrown out of office and thrown into jail, remember:
- We have bad bills to stop.
- We have town halls to attend.
- We have letters to write, and faxes to send, and phone calls to make.
- We have candidates to find, for every office out there.
- We have money to raise, because the big donors will give to Repubs, and we have to match them with thousands upon thousands of grassroots donations.
- And we have to organize, and work, and take back our state and our country.
Remember: whether Trump goes or stays, we have work to do.
Forward Kentucky Newsletter
Sign up for free to get the latest news right in your inbox.